Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard has charged six Atlanta police officers for using excessive force in the arrest of two college students during protests Saturday night.
Viral video on social media and body camera footage showed officers use Tasers on two students, Messiah Young and Taniyah Pilgrim, as they sat in their car.
The officers then forcefully dragged them out of the car and arrested them.
Two officers, Ivory Streeter and Mark Gardner, were fired Sunday by Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms. The other officers involved were placed on desk duty.
A $10,000 signature bond has been set and the officers have until Friday to turn themselves in.
Here are the charges announced by Howard Tuesday.
- Ivory Streeter: Aggravated assault on Pilgrim (used taser); pointing or aiming gun on Young
- Mark Gardner: Aggravated assault on Pilgrim (used taser)
- Lonnie Hood: Aggravated assault on Young (used taser); aggravated assault and simple battery on Pilgrim (used taser)
- Willie Sauls: Aggravated assault on Pilgrim (pointed taser); criminal damage to property (car)
- Armond Jones: Aggravated battery of Young (forcefully thrown unto paved street); pointing or aiming a gun at Young
- Roland Claud: Criminal damage to property (car)