28-year-old Ekaterina Fedyaeva scheduled for a routine medical procedure died after doctors mistakenly injected her with embalming fluid.
The Russian native was supposed to receive a saline drip during her routine surgery but the saline was accidentally replaced by formalin, a formaldehye-based drip. Fedyaeya suffered for two days after medics gave her the formaldehya-based drip. She complained of having horrible pains and convulsions and shortly after she fell into a coma. Fedyaeva was placed on life-support, however, it was reported that her heart stopped several times.
The woman was flown to a top-notch hospital in Moscow where she woke up but then died of multiple organ failure.
Her mother Galina Baryshnikova along with her husband Igor witnessed Ekaterina suffering after her surgery. “Her legs were moving, she had convulsions, her whole body was shaking” says Baryshnikova.